Winter/Early Spring 2019
Website open all year.
Store is basically Closed for the Season
We may be open by chance or by appointment for customers interested in purchasing books and antiques.
VISIT OUR ASIA ROOM
Offering Antiques and Collectibles from the Far East, focusing on Japanese Imari porcelain,
Hibachi, Statuary, and Chinese blue and white porcelain. See some Pictures HERE.
Welcome to the home of Penobscot Books
. One of the largest, most extensive private collections of ART BOOKS anywhere - new and used - all in excellent condition. The warm friendly atmosphere has prompted many art enthusiasts to say, "It's like I've died and gone to heaven!" The owners also feel it a heavenly collection and they think you will too! VIEW PICTURES OF OUR STORE
We have 7 rooms with 40,000 books now. And over 5,000 monographs, and 750 architecture, 600 photography books.
- Specialty: Books on Art, Architecture & Photography
- 7 Rooms: 40,000 books orderly arranged
- Over 5,000 Artist Monographs
- 750 Architect Monographs
- 600 Photographer Monographs
- Thousands more on Art Schools and Collections
- As well as Decorative Arts, Art Technique
- Poetry, Zen, Religion, Maritime, Fishing, and more.
- Ample Parking, Warm Welcome
- Store Open May to Dec. 29th (Fall hours vary.)
- Summer Hours : Tue-Sat 10-4 (Thursday lunch hour-- closed)
- Web & Phone Orders All Year
Our store is at 164 W. Main Street (U.S. 1), Searsport -- on Belfast side of downtown, on the shore side of the road. Look for the bright building.